SWEET MILK GRIDDLE

SWEET MILK GRIDDLE
Ingredients

3 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons baking powder
1 egg
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons melted fat

Method—Mix and sift dry ingredients. Add beaten egg, milk and fat to make a thin batter. Drop on a hot oiled griddle and brown on both sides.

SAVINGS

Save all the waxed paper that crackers and bread come wrapped in. It is very handy to roll out pie-crust or biscuits on, also doughnuts and cookies, and saves washing the pastry board.

IF YOU HAVE TO WORK

you must have good health in order to do your work well. Besides this, you want to be able to play afterwards and both work and play require good health. It is a great handicap to be lacking in energy when you are young and should be strong. Lydia E. Pinkham's Vegetable Compound will help that tired feeling which many girls have.

"I HAD TO STAY IN BED"
"I suffered for three years with troubles women often have. About every three weeks I had to stay in bed four or five days. I nearly went crazy with pains in my back, and for about a week at a time I could not do my work. I saw Lydia E. Pinkham's Vegetable Compound advertised in the 'Hamilton Spectator' and I took it. Now I have no pain and am quite regular unless I overwork or stay on my feet from early morning until late at night. I keep house and do all my own work without any trouble. I have recommended the Vegetable Compound to several friends.