TEA BISCUIT

Ingredients

2 cups bread flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 to 2 tablespoons shortening
¾ cup milk

Method—Sift the dry ingredients together, mix in fat with the tips of fingers, then add the milk a little at a time or cut it in with a knife. The dough should be as soft as can be easily handled. Roll lightly until one inch thick, cut in rounds and bake in a hot oven for 15 or 20 minutes.

AN EVIDENCE OF CONFIDENCE

in a friend is to follow her advice, especially if it is not hearsay evidence but something which she has tried out on herself and proved. Lydia E. Pinkham's Vegetable Compound merits such confidence. Women all over Canada as well as in the United States take our medicine and tell its worth.

"SAVED ME FROM AN OPERATION"

"I took Lydia E. Pinkham's Vegetable Compound at the change of life for troubles women often have. I had not been well for a year and was not really able to do my work. A friend who had taken the Vegetable Compound herself recommended it to me and I think its use saved me from an operation. I highly recommend to all women with troubles like mine."


"A FRIEND RECOMMENDED IT"

"A friend in Rose Valley recommended Lydia E. Pinkham's Vegetable Compound to me, and it has been a great help to me. I recommend it, and you can use this letter as a testimonial if you wish."