CASSEROLE OF RICE AND MEAT

Ingredients

2 cups steamed rice
2 cups chopped seasoned meat
1 cup gravy or tomato sauce
½ cup buttered crumbs

Method—Place in a baking dish a layer of rice, over this sprinkle a layer of chopped meat and repeat until the dish is nearly filled; then pour gravy or tomato sauce over the meat. Cover with the buttered crumbs and bake until brown.

HELPFUL HINTS

To keep the daily paper from blowing away when it is left on the porch, get the carrier to snap it into a spring clothes-pin which is tied to the railing.

WHEN A WOMAN KNOWS

that a certain medicine is good she wants no substitute or makeshift. The women who take Lydia E. Pinkham's Vegetable Compound are of this class. They know what they want and they will take nothing else.

"COULD NOT SLEEP"

"I took Lydia E. Pinkham's Vegetable Compound for weakness of the female organs. I had pains in the back and bearing-down pains in the abdomen and was in a general run-down condition. I could not sleep, rest or work, and was quite unfit to do even light household tasks. A friend told me about your Vegetable Compound and I in my turn truly recommend it, as my severe symptoms vanished and I am better in every way. I do my own work, look after my children and see to chickens, a cow, and my garden. I also recommend it for young girls who are weak and rundown, as my 16-year-old daughter has taken it and is quite her own gay self again."