CHOCOLATE CAKE

Ingredients

5 tablespoons butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
½ cup milk
1½ cups flour
2 squares chocolate
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
2½ teaspoons baking powder.

Method—Cream butter and sugar. Add yolks of eggs beaten until thick, then milk, and all but 2 tablespoons of the flour. Beat thoroughly, add melted chocolate and vanilla. Add remaining flour, salt and baking powder sifted together. Fold in stiffly beaten whites of eggs. Bake in moderate oven.

A PROPRIETARY MEDICINE

like everything else that comes before the public, has to prove its merits. The law of the survival of the fittest applies in this field as in others. Lydia E. Pinkham's Vegetable Compound has been used by women for nearly fifty years.

"I KNOW WOMEN WHO HAVE BEEN HELPED"

"My mother had taken Lydia E. Pinkham's Vegetable Compound, and when I needed something for my periods I took it and got good results. I recommend it to women with any female troubles, and I know other women who have been helped by it."

"I used to have very bad pains in my back and sides and often was not fit for work. I tried many medicines before I took yours. I saw Lydia E. Pinkham's Vegetable Compound advertised in the 'Toronto Globe,' and now that it has helped me I recommend it to all my neighbors."